Tales from the Sea Garden

Tales from The Sea Garden

Email me: theseagarden@btinternet.com

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Get dancing yeah!

Something you probably don't know about me is that I am learning to bellydance! Once a week I go to an evening class and I'm absolutely loving it. I have tried various types of dancing in the past: ballet, tango, Bollywood, but I can safely say bellydancing is the most enjoyable for me. You do not have to be very fit or super supple (neither of which am I) to be able to do the moves and anyone of any size, shape or age can do it. Also you don't need a dancing partner to fully participate; it is great dancing in the class, but you can equally well put on a CD and dance away at home completely on your own. After learning the basic moves you start to improvise your own dance sequences. Our teacher is a great choreographer and is teaching us new dances all the time. Trying to remember which order the different moves come in is good exercise for the brain too! I think the general resurgence of interest in dancing since 'Strictly' came onto our screens is fantastic. Dancing keeps you fit and is such fun; why not find out if there's a dance class near you? You won't regret it; you can't help but smile when you're dancing!
The following Youtube clip shows an American bellydancer called Sadie doing her stuff; the muscle control she has is just awesome! (I have a looooooong way to go yet!)

3 comments:

  1. sounds like great fun...enjoy ;-)) Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah! I love belly dancing...I learned Egyptian belly dancing some years back and it was brilliant and the music is great. How much fun is it?!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely picture you paint - smiling away as you dance around the house!

    ReplyDelete